Blogging 06
This blog has been created as part of the Blogging 06 session of the EVOnline 2006 sessions.
One of the first assignments is to create a blog and post some pictures showing where we live. Sharon Holdner commented on the picture of the deer grazing in the backyard that's posted on my class blog last term ( http://writing05.blogspot.com ), so I'll post a few more for Sharon and anyone else who's interested in life on the west coast of Canada. It's always easier to post if I know who'd reading this.
(I'd post the deer photo here but can't locate in my Pictures file tonight, and haven't been able to link to it successfully, so if you want to see it you'll have to follow the link to the Writing 05 blog and scroll down a bit.) Does anyone know if there's a problem linking to a picture in another blog in Blogger? I thought I just had to copy the url and paste it in the image link box. For some reason it's not working, but maybe it's just because it's past bedtime and I'm too tired.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures.
One of the first assignments is to create a blog and post some pictures showing where we live. Sharon Holdner commented on the picture of the deer grazing in the backyard that's posted on my class blog last term ( http://writing05.blogspot.com ), so I'll post a few more for Sharon and anyone else who's interested in life on the west coast of Canada. It's always easier to post if I know who'd reading this.
(I'd post the deer photo here but can't locate in my Pictures file tonight, and haven't been able to link to it successfully, so if you want to see it you'll have to follow the link to the Writing 05 blog and scroll down a bit.) Does anyone know if there's a problem linking to a picture in another blog in Blogger? I thought I just had to copy the url and paste it in the image link box. For some reason it's not working, but maybe it's just because it's past bedtime and I'm too tired.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures.


3 Comments:
Good to see you around Wendy :-)
The photos you posted brought back some wonderful memories of a summer holiday I took at my uncle and aunt's in Sitka, Alaska when I was 15. We went fishing for salmon and crab, hunting for bear, beachcombing and also visited Glacier Bay.
BTW - have you read Dekita lately?
Hi Bee,
Good to see you too. I looked at your photostory last night and loved it. I've never been to Sitka, but the north coast is very much like the south coast (of Canada) here, except wetter and cooler. Maybe someday you'll come to Vancouver and visit Bowen Island. I'd be delighted to show you around.
I had no idea you'd travelled around so much. Someone said it was very brave of you to share so much of yourself, and I agree, though I'd probably change "brave" to "generous".
Just looked at the link you gave here to Dekita. Wow! The students will be thrilled. I've posted links in the comments sections of both their blogs, directing them to the page.
It was such a short term - 2 months, but with monthly intake and exits - that I never got beyond sending the students to Dekita for pictures. Can students participate in the P2P exchange on an individual basis? I've already suggested Eddie try it, because I think he's quite interested in finding more blogging buddies. Searay probably would be too.
Just spent a few minutes poking around Dekita. It's such a great site. You really deserve the Edublog award. Will go back and spend more time...
Wow, a beach like that 5 minutes away from home?
Who is the lucky girl?
I have only once been to Canada (Ottawa) on a sad occasion of visiting my gravely sick grandfather - but I remember it fondly because I felt strangely at home there. I have found a lot of similarities b/n the two countries (Aus and Canada), which I found quite interesting.
Post a Comment
<< Home